Thursday, November 17, 2005

Hamster Popsicles

Almost a third of our class was missing from Torts this morning, presumably because of the open memo that’s due tomorrow. Apparently, I’m not the only one in a tizzy.

I love how every professor is giving us a laundry list of things we should accomplish over our so-called “break.” We’re supposed to finish our outlines by consulting hornbooks and commercial law summaries and preening a semester’s worth of readings for nuggets of wisdom, take practice exams, review our semester’s materials... oh! And don’t forget to keep up with the full load of reading and briefing! Have a relaxing holiday!

I was really tempted to skive off of Property tomorrow and leave early so I could beat traffic, but it turns out he’s going to discuss the exam in tomorrow’s class. So much for THAT idea. That’s what I get for even entertaining the notion. So after class I’ll have to zip home to pick up the rodents (because it’s supposed to be about 35 tomorrow, which is dangerously close to freezing, which is consequentially dangerously close to encouraging the formation of hamster popsicles. I suppose I could plop them in a little box with airholes and keep them in my locker during class, but that just seems inhumane... and anyway, they’d probably start squeaking and squacking and muttering and who knows what, with my luck... although they are nocturnal, so they’d probably never even wake up...) I do have to say I was immensely relieved to hear the little white one up drinking this morning; he can’t be that bad off, particularly if he hasn’t abandoned his nesting instinct.

The weather for the ensuing week seems atrocious. Forty degrees! Although, I suppose the time has come... unfortunately...

Can't wait to see my other little rodent, the slightly larger brown one.