Tuesday, October 4, 2005

The Travel Channel!

I GOT THE TRAVEL CHANNEL!

That's right... I turned on the telly last night and this glorious alert banner popped up: "Now availiable on Insight: the Travel Channel, on 67." YES! I'd like to think it was my quasi-daily complaint calls that wrought the addition, but I suppose that's just a tad presumptuous. But, I can't wait! Great Hotels! Secrets of Walt Disney World! Top Ten Vegas Hotels! Great Vacation Homes! Top Ten Beaches of the World! Secrets of Six-Star Hotels! Behind the Scenes at Disneyland! Rah! Rah! Rah!

Well, I put a second running wheel in with Harry and Sally last night, and didn’t hear a peep out of them except for the occasional clink of the matching green and purple wheels. However, every time I looked in, Harry was curled up in the fluff and Sally was stubbornly perched in her little bowl. I don’t know what that means.

Today in criminal law we discussed "legal ostriches," people who elect not to know particular facts with the accurate presumption that such knowledge would make them culpable for a crime. We looked a case involving a man who was asked by a friend to drive a car across the Mexico border... and was caught at customs with 110lbs. of marijuana in the trunk. The guy claimed he had no idea the stuff was there, but the courts considered his behavior "willful blindness" because he did not investigate the mysterious hole in the trunk. Deciding to be ignorant is, in court, considered the same as knowing something... so the guy was convicted.

Slow day in Disney history: in 1993, Mission to Mars closed at Disney World.