Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Death and Subsequent Depression

°o° On this day in 1988, EPCOT’s nightly fireworks display IllumiNations debuted.

Quote of the Day (discussing the ramifications of plagarism): “Or, even worse, in law school you’ll be sent to the ethics and character department of the Bar Association... which is like the death penalty...” - Professor Maggs

I attended my introductory meeting for the Business Law Society last night and had my image preserved on digital film, so I’m officially a member. Thankfully, they assigned me to the Entertainment Law section (everyone has a specific topic all three of their articles have to focus on). Yay! Unfortunately, the first article is due on Friday to be published on Monday. It was supposed to be published yesterday, but obviously I had no idea what was going on and could not have been expected to produce an article when I had not even officially joined the society.

I hate corporate tax. Every day I leave the course and want to find a noose. It’s just horrid. It wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t have such a dingbat professor whom I would gleefully wish an anvil upon. This woman is up there speaking a conglomerate of Hebrew, ancient Egyptian and some hitherto-unidentified alien language at a furious clip, and every once in a while she’ll pause and, with excessive enunciation, inquire hypothetically, “Everyone okaaaaahay weeth th-eeaat?”

My alarm clock died last night. That sucks. I am in absolutely no danger of oversleeping even for my early class, but that’s not the point. I absolutely adored that thing; I’ve had it since Mom got it for me in high school, I believe my sophomore year. It had pretty sound effects and a backlight so I could see the clock in the dark and three separate alarms so there was no danger of excessive slumber. I’m so bummed. I looked at BestBuy.com and the thing costs a rough fortune. Sigh. And my phone croaked, too, so my answering machine is bust. That’s the phone I so painstakingly detailed with silver-purple paint to match my lava lamp, and now it has to join the trash bin. Man. I guess that’s what I get for buying a cheap phone - relatively, the thing was $40 - but still.... They have these nifty phones on officemax.com that actually have headsets connected to them, which is totally rad. Amy I drooling?

I can’t believe both electronics crapped out on me. What a day.