Monday, January 29, 2007

Grim Grinning Ghosts, Come out to Socialize!

°o° On this day in 1959, Sleeping Beauty premiered.

I have e-mails in to all my professors from last semester, inquiring as to whether they are willing to meet with me and go through my exam. I’m seeking tips for how to boost my compositions and make them A-caliber. Here’s hoping. I attempted to make it very clear tha t I was not complaining about or attempting to change my grades at all. Hopefully that message was adequately conveyed. Oh- yep, it worked; I’m meeting with my Tax professor on Thursday afternoon, and he seemed totally amenable to the idea. Yay!

I was supposed to play tennis tonight with one of the people that e-mailed me, but the only time he can do it is during my mandatory Business Law Society meeting, so we’re going to arrange something on Thursday morning, when I (arguably) have some dead time.

I was enlisted in White Collar Crime today as a criminal defense attorney for a guy charged with conspiracy. The government was claiming that he conspired with a friend who worked at a bank (and therefore, allegedly, had insider knowledge of impending mergers/acquisitions/etc) to purchase stocks just before they exploded, a process called “springloading.” I’m very enthusiastic about defending even the worst criminals against the Big Bad Wolf- whoops, I mean government. I guess I’m just overly-sympathetic toward anyone charged with a crime. White collar, anyway.

With my Black Berry, I do not have the ability to purchase games or ringtones. However, I did recently figure out how to download ringtones for no charge. It’s totally cool! Everyone is a Disney song: Mom is “Just Around the Riverbend” from Pocahontas, Dad is “A Pirate’s Life For Me” from Pirates of the Caribbean, Sue is “Bella Notte” from Lady and the Tramp, Nans is “Once Upon A Dream” from Sleeping Beauty, and my general ringtone for all other callers is “Grim Grinning Ghosts” from the Haunted Mansion. It’s so cool!

Speaking of Disney, have you seen the new ads for the company’s current promotion of a sweepstakes to win a stay at the Cinderella room inside Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom? They’re absolutely beautiful - some, anyway. I saw them in USA Today... My favorite was this pale blue color, with Scarlett Johanssen as Cinderella, running down a flight of stairs and glancing back over her shoulder at the Castle illuminated behind her. They also had David Beckam as Prince Phillip (from Sleeping Beauty) on a rearing horse, wielding a sword at a dragon, and Beyonce Knowles in a teacup as Alice from Wonderland, with Lyle Lovett as the Mad Hatter and some guy I didn’t know as the March Hare. That one was great in theory, but Beyonce had such a stupid look on her face it creeped me out - that was the best picture they could get from an entire, expensive photo shoot?