Monday, March 27, 2006

Eaten Alive

Boy, I’m doing really well. I know evenings are always hard, but sheesh. (a) I would kill to be back in Flordia. I really had a wonderful time. (b) I miss the little furry critter that sleeps in my bed and always greets me with an exuberant tail wag. (c) After spending a week in my family’s company almost nonstop, the loneliness here is almost palpable. I am now at Borders trying to work on my Appellate Brief to get it done. Unfortunately, this Borders is under construction - they’re redoing the café area - so I’m sitting on the floor to work on the paper. It’s far from ideal working conditions but I just can’t go back to my apartment yet. Just the thought of sitting there all evening, stagnating, makes me anxious. I’m going to try to stay here as long as possible to circumvent the chance of a panic attack this evening. But anxiety is just chewing at me from all sides. I forgot how potent it is, in my week of relaxation. I don't mean to complain, because I have a fantastic life and a wonderful place to live. My mind's just not quite up to snuff.