Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Beavers in the Stream of Commerce

“I don’t want to be a beaver in the stream of commerce, but turn off your cell phones.” - Professor McDonald

We filled out our seating charts in all three classes today so Captain Neurotic managed to procure her precious spots. I'll have to reinitiate the war for ideal seating again tomorrow, when I undertake two brand-new courses.

I’m rather concerned about how I will perform in International Law. Everyone else seems so well-informed and I’m woefully ignorant about what’s going on in the world. Woefully or willfully, I guess that’s the question. Per the Matrix, sometimes the blue pill is preferable.

Well, fatigue has settled in. At least I’m sleeping thus far this year. I didn’t wake up at all Sunday night and only once last night, slamming into the Haunted Mansion tapestries on the wall two or three times before managing to stumble into the bathroom. It rained a smite this morning before tapering into a slightly sunny afternoon - at least it’s 80°. I’ll take it.

I don' t know what to think about this... but I'm only going to have three exams this semester. International Law is a paper, and Unincorporated Business Associations is 70% a paper and 30% in-class participation (the latter portion of which arouses my anxiety, I must admit). Hmm, tomorrow's Wednesday already. Friday's the big day. What's really strange is one of the ladies I know at the gym, totally unprovoked, came up to me and told me I “look great” and “look the best [I've] ever looked.” Never had that experience before. Am I deluded… or is she?