Monday, August 20, 2007

Year Three :: Day One : Class Two

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but I don’t think I can satisfy your moral needs in entirety. I am not here to teach you about the greater public good. Real estate is about money.” - Professor McDonald

I’m in Real Estate Transactions, which is an absolutely humongous class. It’s even hosted in the Auditorium, which accommodates a massive amount. Professor McDonald has apparently taught this course and its Spring partner Real Estate Finance for ten years, which bodes well for the quality of the course. He also teaches at the Business School, which is immensely promising and indicative of an interesting approach to the course, not a strictly Socratic method - driven military regime.

Oh!! He lives in the country and - get this - he breeds and shows Morgans! “Showing horses costs about the same as sending a youngser to college…” And he’s a self-professed tree-hugger who has sponsored the planting of more than fifty thousand trees. Wow.

I made a very serious investment yesterday at the grocery store. I was whipping along looking for the frozen vegetables and passed a giant display for Ratatouille, with little foot-tall stuffed animals from the movie. So now I have a small, squishy figurine of Remi the rat grinning at me from my dashboard. I loved that movie.

Remy: Hey I brought you something to...
[sees Emile eating garbage]
Remy: AH! NO NO NO NO! SPIT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW!
[Emile obeys]
Remy: I have got to teach you about food. Close your eyes.
[Emile obeys, Remy hands out piece of cheese]
Remy: Now take a bite of this...
[Emile snarfs cheese]
Remy: No no no! Don't just hork it down!
Emile: Too late.

Office 2007 is driving me BATTY.