Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head....

“We never dreamed when we were making this record that we would sell 25 million copies of it. I mean, we haven’t yet, but we’re hopeful.” - Brad Paisley, winning Album of the Year

One of my pre-bed rituals is to put coffee in the filter for the morning because I presume myself incapable of doing so at an early hour. (One time, no kidding, I put apple slices in the filter and coffee grinds in a bowl. That was interesting.) Anyway, I knew I would be incapable of functioning in the morning without sustenance, so I zipped over to the 24-hour grocery store around 10:30 and, holy cow, the place was jumping. I think every college kid in a four-mile radius was there stocking up on alcohol and salsa for some party about which I was (understandably) not informed. My day’s winding down, and everyone else’s is just beginning.

I cannot believe Kenny Chesney won Entertainer of the Year. How disgusting. Further proof Americans have NO taste. Carrie Underwood was so cute, though. I can’t decide whether she really deserved Female Vocalist over Martina McBride, but she certainly made a nice speech. And it was better than Faith Hill winning. What was with Josh Turner? The buzz cut? Jeez, dude, cover it with a hat!

I am SO ready to be done with this Moot Court thing. I just have my final round tomorrow and then it’s OVER! Let’s hear it: O! V! E! R! What does it spell? Freedom! Rah rah rah!

I went to buy Diet Pepsi Jazz this week, but wound up getting Diet Coke instead because it’s the time of the year when they have the little polar bears on the side! And pretty snowflakes spattered over the simulated-frosted can... how pretty! How exciting! It’s CHRISTMAS time! How dreadful! It’s exam time!

What a disgusting day... dreary and rainy. Allegedly warm, but who can say, what with all the wet pellets and galloping wind assaulting us at every turn.