Monday, April 17, 2006

I Despise Oral Arguments

I could just kick myself. That beautiful Ann Taylor suit I purchased, with the nice skirt and blue shirt and jacket that Mom funded, which would be perfect to wear for tonight’s Oral Argument, is suspended neatly in my closet... five hours away, at home. I thought I might wind up wearing it for Easter, so it made the trek home, never to return. Argh!

It’s 5:30 and I have an hour until my Appellate Brief presentation. On the one hand, I’m so nervous I could throw up. On the other, I’m sure the “judges” (local lawyers) have many, many things more important on their mind than our pansy little 1L presentations, so maybe they won’t be too harsh in their criticisms...? I hope. Maybe one of them will fall asleep and I’ll be able to present to a trio of eyelids... that’d be nice. Probably too much to hope for, though. I don’t know what I’m so nervous for... I can’t imagine anyone would do so poorly as to be prevented from passing on the basis of one horrible evening. However, it is possible, and I’m sure I would be totally capable of pulling it off! This is 25% of our grade, incidentally.

It warmed nicely to about 70 today with a humid underpinning and a thick breeze that combined to supply a very nice afternoon. It made me long to zip home and indulge in a long rollerblade.

T-minus... well. not many days until exams. I’m worried! But I suppose everyone is, right?