Monday, January 23, 2006

Back

I totally lucked out in Civil Procedure this morning by escaping the firing range (thus far). As a reward for sitting in the first two rows, we are exempt from being interrogated until he winds his way from the third row all the way to the back. Yes!!

So, being the ferret that I am, I scouted around online for recently-enacted statutes in the area and there’s a new Residential Tenants Right to Repair Act enabling tenants to make repairs from their own pocket and then legally deduct the cost of the repairs from their rent. I imagine this is the grain of salt that provided grounds for the impending inspection.

I went to the Office of the Associate Dean to check about summer school courses, and they sent me downstairs to the Registrar’s Office (classic goose-chase through the administration....) Apparently I have to gather a host of materials about the course I want to take and then apply for approval, so I will be doing that tonight. The good news is there are absolutely no required courses - I can take just about anything.

I received an e-mail today with the subject line: “Two shows of Barney live! Coming to Assembly Hall March 7!” There is obviously a deficiency of talent in the world.