Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oy Already

“Oy with the poodles already!”
- Loreliai, Gilmore Girls

It’s strange to be at school on Reading Day, or any day after classes cease yet before exams begin. It’s like a ghost town - me and the 1Ls. The 2Ls don’t roll out of bed and appear until about noon (I discovered that last year). I have yet to determine what happens to the 3Ls - I haven’t even seen the ones who live in my apartment complex. Either they stay in their rooms to study, or just aren’t studying because they’re emotionally done, or what...

The Kentucky Derby is Satuday: bum-BUM-bum but-dadda-dum, but-dadda-dum, dum-dum-DUM-dummmm....

I have my first exam tomorrow morning at 8:30. I prefer the morning ones because (1) there’s no pacing/anticipation/anxious hours to pass, and (2) I don’t have to arrive insanely early to procure a decent seat, as people are willing to roll out of bed and be there by noon, but not before 8am. I suppose I’ll be there at 7:30 anyway, just in case. Because I’m odd.

I am so tired my head is pounding. I didn’t sleep last night so I only had two diet Mountain Dews this morning and my system is complaining vociferously.

When I arrived this morning, a batch of students had already settled into my study room, so I had to select another. But the key here is “batch” of students... there were a pack of them studying together. That’s got to be a million times easier than going it alone. I wish I had that luxury. I sure hope I do well. I’m terrified. Can you tell?